Episode 54, recorded on Friday 3rd June 2011, discussing UKLUG, the state of mobile technology, GSX 10, Sametime 8.5.2 and IBMers leaving for the competition..
|Paul Mooney (blog | twitter | company) is Senior Technical Architect from Bluewave Technology with 15 years experience supporting Lotus messaging products.|
- UKLUG? How did it compare to previous UK/ILUGs?
- How does it compare to other LUGs, e.g. in the US?
- MOSI is an amazing place
- I will do an overview of the day/workshop and point out the issues I found with device setup
- First month with an Android
- Windows Phone 7 demand?
- Windows 8 demo released
GSX 10 update
- Paul has been looking at GSX 10.
- Now in flex goodness. Yep – can go through what I saw
- Does Quickr, Traveler and BES too
Sametime 8.5.2 released
- Will the real Sametime 8.5 stand up? This looks to be the one.
- Gab’s write-up is excellent
- Does web conferencing still live on-premise?
Are you a Domino hosting company?
- Add yourself to the wiki
Talking of wikis… Lotus Wiki feedback survey
- Launched by Mary Beth Raven, give your feedback on how the Wikis work and how they can be improved.
June is Learn XPages Month
LSOnline is being retired, but content being moved to permanent location
- Based in Lotus Greenhouse
- Part of the IBM Collaboration Solutions User Experience Community
Darren J Adams has left IBM
- The most recent loss to Microsoft
- Can one person make a difference?
- Does Social Business mean these individuals are more important?
Superb travel charger kit if you are in the US La Crosse Charge4All. I only need to travel with one device charger now. This one. Does iShiny, mUSB, miniUSB and others out of the box. With car and wall charger and can charge up to 4 devices at once.
If you use Lotus Traveler, you may have a requirement to display names in lookup/typeahead mode. By default that works after you type in 4 characters. You can alter this though – Go to NTSCONFIG.xml. There is a parameter called NAME_LOOKUP_MIN_LENGTH. You can alter the required number of characters.
Matt White’s user group template – will be on OpenNTF soon. Fabulous value, works so well, covers most elements of organising a LUG – info sharing, registration, abstract submission, sponsorship and more. Written in XPages, so also a great way to learn XPages best practice from one of the gurus. Using it to organise a Connections user group, to be announced very very soon. Look out for details in the next couple of weeks.