Episode 51, recorded Thursday 12th May 2011, discussing the LotusLive Spring 2011 release, Microsoft’s acquisition of Skype and more…
New release of LotusLive
- What’s in the new release?
- Seems that many of the features of IBM Connections are being brought into Engage – is the eventual goal to have full feature parity? Blogs/Wikis etc?
- New levels of privacy give Extranet-type functionality
- Which LotusLive features are affected?
- Communities – now have sub communities, files and folders, add guest users to community, improved forums
- Admin – announcements, hiding user profiles,
- Files – folders
- Meetings – now match standalone meeting experience
- Sametime – up to 8.5
- Has LL Connections been upgraded in the same way? Whats the difference between Engage and Connections?
- LL Meetings?
- When is LL Symphony Meetings going to be included?
Microsoft buys Skype
- $8.5bn – is this a fair price?
- What’s the plan?
- Is it a consumer or a corporate play?
- How does the Skype acquisition fit in with Phone 7 and Nokia?
- Is the merger of consumer and corporate IT inevitable?
|Darren||Completely off topic – In 17 days I’ve lost 10 lbs thanks to “The 17 Day Diet”. It works. No doubt it’ll be added on with all the fish ‘n chips at UKLUG|
|Dave||RedLaser – iOS and Android app for scanning barcodes and comparing prices|
|Stuart||About.me – free site to create personal profiles, linking to other social sites. E.g about.me/stuartmcintyre|