Episode 25, recorded Friday 5th November 2010, discussing the new Source Control Plugin for Domino Designer, XPages.info, whether XPages is good for web site development, BES Express for Domino and more…
Maureen Leland (blog | twitter) is the Lead Architect for IBM Lotus Domino Designer, bringing the power of the Eclipse platform to Domino development. She has worked on Lotus design tools since 1992, beginning with Lotus Notes ViP, and moving to Iris to work on Domino Designer in 1997, where she contributed to the 4.6, through 7.0 Domino Designer releases. She was the UI architect for all the IBM Workplace Designer and Lotus Component Designer releases. She returned to Domino in 2007 to revolutionize Domino Designer for the 8.5 release and beyond.
Sean Cull (blog | twitter | company) started FoCul Ltd in 2000 after ten years in industry as an Engineer in the chemical sector. Since then FoCul has been developing collaborative solutions that allow people to do their jobs and waste less time on administration and chasing information.
Bruce Elgort (blog | twitter | company) is the president of Elguji Software, the creators of the hugely popular IdeaJam collaboration site for the Lotus Community. His other megahits include co-founding the Lotus Notes open source community OpenNTF.org and hosting the Taking Notes Podcast with the famed Julian Robichaux.
Luis Benitez (blog | twitter) is one of the Social Software Product Managers for IBM. Prior to this new role Luis was the Lotus Social Software evangelist for the Americas and leads the internal Lotus Social Software community with over 2000 members..
Source control enablement support for Domino Designer now available on OpenNTF
- The Wait Is Over: Source Control via SVN for Domino Designer
- How does it work?
- What are the benefits?
- What does it use for a repository?
- what about DXL?
- Is it a front-end to whatever you have installed in eclipse (e.g., CVS, etc)?
- Can you go back to normal control of code?
- Can it be applied per DB or do you need to use for all DBs?
- What was the reason for posting this to OpenNTF rather than coming in normal development cycle?
- Another great community-driven site
- Who owns it? Who runs it?
- Who’s it aimed at?
- Fantastic thread going into pros/cons of ‘heavyweight’XPages web development
Cognos BI 10.1 with Connections integraton
- What’s been the reaction to this announcement?
- Lots of discussion about “Social Everywhere”(on synch.rono.us etc), is this the first demonstration of this?
- Two way street
- Connections to help add social to BI issues, resolution
- Cognos to add analysis to Connections environments
- New categories
- Only open to Advanced and Premier partners
- Is it worth entering?
- New site by Darren Adams
- Highlighting what’s ‘cool’about Notes and Domino
- Show the product!!
- Free free free
- Important to RIM? (threat from Traveler)
- Important to IBM? (equals MS Exchange support)
- Jennifer coming on podcast next week – give us your questions!
ILUG2010 next week
- Sean is presenting a case study
|Darren||Standalone Solutions Configuration Tool (SSCT) – build your own xSeries servers including blades, from your desktop|
|Sean||OneUIV2 CSS demo site|
|Bruce||MacOSKen Podcast, MacOSKen LIVE! and MacOSKen Day 6|
|Luis||LotusLive iPhone app – Did you know you can go back on slides in case the presenter is going too fast?|
|Stuart||The Lotusphere Podcast – let us know if you’d ‘like to share your story’!|