Episode 93 recorded on Thursday 15th March 2012. Sharon Bellamy and Femke Goedhart join Darren and Stuart to discuss the upcoming user groups in Belgium and the Netherlands, how to recover from Connections database failure and why Yammer’s business model is so persuasive.
Femke Goedhart (twitter | blog | company) is a Business Consultant at Silverside, The Netherlands. She specialises in Collaboration, Social Business, Document Management and Workflow solutions.
Sharon Bellamy (blog | twitter | company) is a Business Consultant at Applicable, working with IBM Connections implementations and anything WebSphere or Lotus related IBM Champion, iSeries fan girl and friend of Mat Newman.
- March 22-23, Antwerp
- Fantastic lineup
- Listen to TWiL 91 for all the details
- What are you looking forward to?
- Social Panel
Social Business Event NL / NLLUG 201
- May 15 & 16, Feyenoord stadium Rotterdam
- 4 tracks: Admin/Development/Best Practises/Business both Dutch as well as international speakers
- Double conference: Social Business aimed both at new and existing customers – NLLUG aimed at existing user group
- focus in business tracks on Line of Business: HR, Marketing, Communications and Management.
Lotusphere 2013 site already up, and looking good!
Connections issues dealt with this week:
- Recovering Connections from database failure
- Learnt a lot this week
- Lose your recovery logs and next time your system restarts, the DB2 DB will not come back up
- Crash Recovery fails
- DB2 goes down when Connections connects
- Speak to IBM support fast!
- Media Widget timeout
- Connections custom theme issue
Yammer – 500.000 users in NL makes it second biggest market for Yammer after US.
Product Wiki design
- UXLab are looking for help on this – they need volunteers
- If you want to improve the product wikis please volunteer – firstname.lastname@example.org
- www.yoono.com great social stream tool to have as a desktop app but for me most particular to have in the sidebar of my browser (Firefox/Chrome). Handles FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Talk, MySpace, etc, etc. Even allows you to check in with 4square and do multi updates to all of those in one go if you want.
- Help design the product documentation wikis by firing a mail off to email@example.com