Episode 49, recorded Thursday 28th April 2011, discussing why ISVs enter the Lotus collaboration space, what IBM could do better to support ISVs, the App Store, robot lawnmowers and more…
|Eileen Fitzgerald (blog | twitter | company) is VP Customer Service and Product Management at GSX. GSX products assist you to monitor and manage the various tools in your collaboration Portfolio. Years in Collaboration Management administration and Management , Project Management and ITIL Certified. ILUG / UK Lug Organiser and tends to do a bit of hill walking in her spare time.
|John de Giorgio is CEO of Integra for Notes, solutions to assist transfer of Lotus Notes based data to Excel, Word and Symphony. John has a 27 year background in the IT field and 14 years in the Lotus Notes field, which although a small part of the Shireburn Software business, is close to his heart. John’s strength is assessing a business process and seeing where technology can be used to add value to the process. His off-the-keyboard activities focus on sailing.
First up, to both guests:
- What do each of your company’s solutions do?
- What made you wish to develop a solution for the Lotus portfolio?
- How big a part of your business is the Lotus-focused products?
- Is this growing or shrinking?
- Is there a profile for your ‘typical’customers?
State of the ISV market for IBM Collaboration and Social Business solutions
- Does IBM’s move to Social Business make a significant difference to your businesses
- Stuart’s blog post post-Lotusphere
- Does IBM make it easy to partner and develop? How could they make it easier?
- How does the Lotus re-brand affect things?
- Would an ‘AppStore’or sophisticated provisioning catalog make a difference?
- Joins Gist in the RIM stable
- What are they planning?
- RIM Playbook has been launched to mixed reviews
- IamLUG launched with TackItOn events – IamLUG 1-2 August, TackItOn 3rd August $495
- MWLUG Announced – In Milwaukee, WI August 24th – 26th
- Steve McDonagh releases neat Mail.box graph tool
- Symbian to transfer Nokia software support to Accenture
|pool.ntp.org is a free source for pooled NTP time servers worldwide
|Withings scale that integrates with iPhone and RunKeeper. (Amazon US | Amazon UK)
|Husqvarna Robot Lawnmower Controllable Via iPhone How cool is this!!!
|Origami Workstation case for iPad/bluetooth keyboard – fantastic case for Apple bluetooth keyboard, that doubles as stand for iPad. Going to start to travel with just iPad and keyboard now… $29.99.