Episode 84, recorded on Thursday 5th January 2012. ISW’s Adam Brown and IBMers Luis Suarez and Colleen Burns join us to talk Lotusphere news, Connecting at Connect 2012, ISW’s new Kudos Badges system, gamification without gaming and more…
Luis Suarez (blog | twitter | company) is a Social Computing Evangelist at IBM, helping accelerate IBM’s own adoption of social software tools, both internally and externally through the BlueIQ team.<br>
Colleen Burns (twitter) leads Influencer Relations for IBM Collaboration Solutions – and is jointly leading the social media strategy for Lotusphere and Connect.
- Just 9 days to go
- ‘Team Social’, team to ask questions of re: social and the conference, look out for buttons
- Luis, you deal with a lot of businesses that want to deploy Social and attend a lot of conferences
- Social Business Insights blog – guest posts over LS12 period
- Is it really just a year since Social Business was brought in?
- How will attendance work out?
Lotusphere OnlineSocial Business Online now open
- Mobile app
- 4Square checkin
- Can tweet/checkin direct from app
- Blogger Open registration open – not just bloggers, open to all, 60 registered so far!
- Hog ride
- This Week in Lotus Live – Europe room, 8:30am, Thursday
- no need to go to bed!
- 5th live TWiL
- What are we looking forward to at Lotusphere?
- Gamification for Connections
- Measure and Reward Connections users
- Adam, why develop it?
- Who is it aimed at?
- What does it do? – Drive Adoption, Educate Users, Recognise and Reward for valued contributions.
- Is it flexible, can it be customised? Can it interface with applications outside Connections?
- Versions of Connections supported?
- “Kudos”? Haven’t we heard this before…..I can’t recall where – DD 🙂
- How much does it cost? Is it right there is a free version?
- Where can you get it?
- How easy is it to install and configure?
- What are your plans for the future?
- Find out more at kudosbadges.com
Do NOT “upgrade”to TweetDeck 1.0 or higher. It is atrocious . Really. It is. Keep a copy of the Adobe Air version for emergencies.
#elsuapps is back and one of my current favourite ones at the moment is Air Dictate (Using Siri’s Speech to Text capabilities to dictate directly on your Mac! Brilliant idea! And a huge timesaver on the typing front!) …Since Darren doesn’t enjoy TweetDeck much, here is another option. My preferred and top notch Twitter client for Windows and Mac. Janetter is the name of the Twitter client.
TechSmith SnagIT and Jing. Great tools for capturing quick screenshots to share across both Mac and Windows clients.
Pinterest – for once Philippa and her friends are way ahead of the techie curve. Beautiful site, fantastic social tools. Try to avoid ‘next big thing’, but this is one of them 😉 Let me know if you need an invite.