Episode 74, recorded on Wednesday 19th October 2011. We discuss the latest release of the XPages Extension Library, the IBM XWork Server offering, the XPages Contest, DANNotes and more…
|Niklas Heidloff (blog | twitter | OpenNTF blog) is is an architect in the IBM Lotus Domino development team and leads IBM’s engagement in OpenNTF including XPages.info.|
|Martin Donnelly (linkedin) is a software architect and tech lead for the XPages runtime team in IBM Ireland and has worked on all three XPages releases from Notes/Domino 8.5 through 8.5.2, Prior to this, Martin also worked on XFaces for Lotus Component Designer and on JSF tooling for Rational Application Developer. In the 1990s while living and working in Massachusetts, he was a lead developer on Domino Designer. Now, once again based in Ireland, Martin lives in Cork with his wife, three daughters, and two greyhounds. When pressed, he confesses to playing soccer on a weekly basis, and salmon fishing during the summer when the opportunity presents itself.|
|Chris Connor (company | twitter | blog | linkedin) is a Consultant / Developer in XPages, Mobile, Eclipse, Java. Worked with Lotus Notes and Domino for 16+ years. Based in Hamilton (just outside Glasgow) in Scotland. Works for customers throughout the UK.|
- What is the Extension Library?
- Why did IBM release this as an extra library?
- What’s new in the release?
- Mobile controls
- Social Enabler
- Extlib tooling plugin for Designer
- New discussion and teamroom template
- Upgrade to support accessibility and localization
- What version of Notes/Domino is required?
- What happens to the Mobile Library?
- How does the Extension Library get deployed and how does support work?
Reflections on IBM XWork Server launch
- What has the reaction been like from customers?
- Beyond the 4×4 and 8×8 restrictions the response has been overwhelmingly positive.
- Just 60GBP list price
- Effectively discounts Connections sales into N/D customers by ~40%
- Difficult to know how to handle customers where only some of the users need the uplift
- Goals: Mobile apps or social applications
- Awards: 3 iPads/iPhones/vouchers and 1 Lotusphere 2012 ticket
- Deadline for submissions: 12/02/11
XSnippets – Next Generation of the OpenNTF Code Bin
- Contributors: Frank van der Linden, Serdar Basegmez, Bruce Elgort, Niklas Heidloff
- Other goal: Document how we do things, not only the results
DANNotes coming soon
- Niklas, Chris and Stuart all speaking there
- 23-24 November, 2011 in Korsor, 75 minutes West of Copenhagen
Lose hours and hours (via twitter, sorry can’t recall who) – http://www.drawastickman.com/
http://xpages.info/videos has 10 hours of free XPages videos
XPages Extension Library – ETA April 2012 (Amazon US | Amazon UK)
XPages Portable Command Guide: A Compact Resource to XPages Application Development and the XSP Language – ETA January 2012 (Amazon US | Amazon UK)
Look at building XPages apps more around java instead of SSJS.
SocialNotes – fixed price deployment of Connections Files & Profiles for Notes/Domino customers