Episode 73, recorded on Friday 14th October 2011. We discuss the the role of an analyst, the state of the social collaboration marketplace, the new Connections entitlements for Notes/Domino customers and much more…
|Alan Lepofsky (blog | twitter | company) lives in Toronto and work as an analyst at Constellation Research where he covers the collaboration software industry. Alan plays a lot of sports, loves to travel on adventurous vacations and tries to take a few good photos along the way. Prior to joining Constellation in Oct 2011, Alan was Director of Marketing at Socialtext (from June 2008). Before that, he worked at IBM for 14+ years.
Just moved to Constellation Research Group from Socialtext
- Why the move to analysis and research?
- What does the role entail?
- What does Constellation do differently?
- What did you learn from your time at Socialtext?
- Did working for smaller software house give you any new perspective on working for IBM?
The state of the union
- First up, what do you call ‘it’? (Enterprise2.0, Social Business, Social Collaboration, Collaboration?)
- Where do you see social collaboration today?
- Where do you see adoption? Who gets it?
Connections entitlements now available to all Notes/Domino customers on maintenance
- What’s your perspective on this? Good move?
- Do you think it will hit or help full Connections rollouts?
- Domino a good platform for Social apps?
Will you be blogging?
Sorry no tips this week – they’ll be back in the next episode!