Episode 49, recorded Thursday 28th April 2011, discussing why ISVs enter the Lotus collaboration space, what IBM could do better to support ISVs, the App Store, robot lawnmowers and more…
Stuart McIntyre (blog | twitter | company) & Darren Duke (blog | twitter | company)
|Eileen Fitzgerald (blog | twitter | company) is VP Customer Service and Product Management at GSX. GSX products assist you to monitor and manage the various tools in your collaboration Portfolio. Years in Collaboration Management administration and Management , Project Management and ITIL Certified. ILUG / UK Lug Organiser and tends to do a bit of hill walking in her spare time.|
|John de Giorgio is CEO of Integra for Notes, solutions to assist transfer of Lotus Notes based data to Excel, Word and Symphony. John has a 27 year background in the IT field and 14 years in the Lotus Notes field, which although a small part of the Shireburn Software business, is close to his heart. John’s strength is assessing a business process and seeing where technology can be used to add value to the process. His off-the-keyboard activities focus on sailing.|
First up, to both guests:
- What do each of your company’s solutions do?
- What made you wish to develop a solution for the Lotus portfolio?
- How big a part of your business is the Lotus-focused products?
- Is this growing or shrinking?
- Is there a profile for your ‘typical’customers?
State of the ISV market for IBM Collaboration and Social Business solutions
- Does IBM’s move to Social Business make a significant difference to your businesses
- Stuart’s blog post post-Lotusphere
- Does IBM make it easy to partner and develop? How could they make it easier?
- How does the Lotus re-brand affect things?
- Would an ‘AppStore’or sophisticated provisioning catalog make a difference?
- Joins Gist in the RIM stable
- What are they planning?
- RIM Playbook has been launched to mixed reviews
- IamLUG launched with TackItOn events – IamLUG 1-2 August, TackItOn 3rd August $495
- MWLUG Announced – In Milwaukee, WI August 24th – 26th
- Steve McDonagh releases neat Mail.box graph tool
- Symbian to transfer Nokia software support to Accenture
|Darren||pool.ntp.org is a free source for pooled NTP time servers worldwide|
|Eileen||Withings scale that integrates with iPhone and RunKeeper. (Amazon US | Amazon UK)|
|John||Husqvarna Robot Lawnmower Controllable Via iPhone How cool is this!!!|
|Stuart||Origami Workstation case for iPad/bluetooth keyboard – fantastic case for Apple bluetooth keyboard, that doubles as stand for iPad. Going to start to travel with just iPad and keyboard now… $29.99.|