Episode 46, recorded Wednesday April 6th 2011, discussing Domino as a RAD platform and more…
Darren Duke (blog | twitter | company) and Mat Newman Mat (matnewman.com | matnewman | ISW) Director of Education at Australian Premier Business Partner – ISW. A self proclaimed master of all things Notes and Domino who also happens to own #TheYellowSuit.
|Matt White: (blog | twitter)|
Lead developer at Elguji Software, owner of XPages101.net and founding consultant with the London Developer Co-op. Basically I spend my life working with different aspects of XPages as an ISV, a trainer and a developer. Also I help out with the upcoming UKLUG conference in Manchester, England. We still have a few places left so go to http://www.uklug.info to register.
|David Leedy : (blog | twitter | Czarnowski Exhibit Services)|
Corporate Notes Developer since 1994. Producer of the NotesIn9 screencast with heavy focus on XPages Development for the beginner. XPages shows are collected at XPages.TV which also contains a free 2 hour XPages Jumpstart. I also compiled the XPagesCheatSheet which can be found at http://xpagescheatsheet.com.
NotesIn9 is about to launch a new series of videos. “Build an App From Start to Finish”. This will be an example app using RAD with XPages.
Domino and RAD
- What is RAD?
- Does RAD always equal GOOD? (as in good development practices and outcomes)
- Are RAD solutions single page apps?
- What place does RAD have in the Enterprise?
- Has anyone recently had a RAD challenge?
- What did it (RAD challenge) prove?
- The Spanner! Is XPages the only choice when it comes to web development on Domino?
Lotusphere Comes to You has officially gone …is this the precursor to the rename?
- This years events have been less Lotusphere and more IBM marketing, is this what the people expect?
- So what could LS12 be called?
Classic is back and getting some comments on Ben’s blog
- New Packt Book : IBM Lotus Domino : Classic Web Application Development Techniques
- A tad ironic that JSF was released in 2004 and yet we’re all thinking this is bleeding edge now
- I wasn’t expecting that!
- Sugar6 has “Activity Streams”
- Seems everyone is adding these
Darren’s Twitter Battle over support
- Should new browsers be supported via hotfixes or am I a senile old codger?
- Ah the whisp, white fluffy cloudness of it all
- Clouds are usually slow…maybe we need a nomenclature for “speed”
- LotusLive Tornado
- GMail Cyclone
- Give the user some expectation of speed
We’d be remiss not to mention the release of Connections 3.0.1
- Renamed to IBM Connections
- Multi-media support (is that even a word any more?)
- Moderation tools
David Leedy: Free LUGS: Pac LUG, UK LUG, IamLug, MWLug. So for the people, networking and information. This week in Collaboration? “Stuart Translates the World According to Darren”
Matt White: The XPages Toolbox project on OpenNTF is a great tool for performance profiling your XPage applications: http://www.openntf.org/Projects/pmt.nsf/ProjectLookup/XPages%20Toolbox
Oh and…. This Week in Denial. Ben Poole on the LDC Skype chat also suggested This Week in <Prince Squiggly Symbol> as well
Mat Newman: WildFire! 😉 … AusLUG, there is a Lotus conference coming to Australia, details will be announced shortly, keep an eye on auslug.org and follow AusLUG on twitter … TWiL, hmmmm
Darren: Go listen to the Get Social Do Business podcast from Lisa. We’re often a tad myopic in the Yellow Submarine and this is good, not necessarily Yellow view of the social world. And yes, she forced me to pimp it 🙂
This Week In Clofuscation?