Episode 36, recorded Thursday 28th January 2011, discussing why Notes is definitely not dead, IBM’s exceptional web experience, LotusLive’s pre-Lotusphere announcements, working at IBM, Lotus advertising, Domino on SSDs and even a few mentions of Lotusphere 2011!
Notes is definitely not dead!
- Jon Rolling – Lotus – Not dead yet!
- Karl-Henry Martinsson – Lotus Notes – Not dead here either!
- Chris Connor – Notes Dead? Not here either…
- Brian Benz’s Deloitte XPages application series
- What do these kind of posts mean? Can we extrapolate?
- Ah, but what about Jake Howlett – Am I Still A Domino Developer?
Does IBM Practice what it preaches?
Working at IBM
- Lots of discussion about advertising vs. marketing
- Product vs. Brand etc
- Is it time for a new Lotus Notes/Domino ad campaign?
- Is James right? Is the appdev story the key to IBM success with ‘platforms’like Connections, LotusLive and Quickr?
Domino on SSDs – Erik Brooks marvels at speed of Domino solid state disk
- NSF versus transaction logging
- Notes client on SSD
SametimeGuide.com launched by Chris Miller. Sametime admin tutorial videos
- $199 – special promo offer of $49.99
Connections Files plug-in for Notes released
- People Vowe will miss at LS11
- The passing of the torch or the end of an era? Great topic!
- What’s the one standout session?
- What are we looking forward to?
If you’re not going to #LS11, (or even if you are) start working on your boss/significant other/dog/cat to get to #LS12
Get on Twitter, Get on LinkedIn, Participate. Sign up for about.me.