Episode 11, recorded Friday 6th August 2010, with a focus on Sametime 8.5.1, IamLUG and Google Wave.
Lisa Duke – guest host. Lisa Duke is the Business Development Manager for Simplified Technology Solutions, Inc., where she leads the sales and marketing teams. She is a frequent contributor to Tips in Two, a website that hosts free training videos for users of Lotus products. She also is a great supporter of user groups in Atlanta, Chattanooga, Nashville, and Greenville, South Carolina.
Carl Tyler – is the director and founder of IBM Advanced Business Partner Epilio, which delivers applications and turn-key solutions to users of collaboration software such as IBM Lotus Sametime and Microsoft Office Communications Server. Carl has over 20 years of experience with collaboration software, including over 9 years at Lotus Development and 2-plus years at IBM Development UK. At Lotus, Carl was the worldwide knowledge management manager and Lotus Notes R5 international launch manager and various other positions.
Chris Miller – is the Director of Messaging and Collaboration at Connectria, one of Lotus’ largest hosting and management providers for over ten years now. Chris covers administration across the Lotus portfolio, whatever…. Chris is better known as IdoNotes across every site, even ones not in existence yet.
This podcast is 67.5MB and runs for 74 minutes at 128kps. Enjoy!
* Please note that all views expressed are the participants’ own and do not necessarily represent those of their employer(s).
Sametime 8.5.1 released – pros, what is better. Is it worth the upgrade?
Post IamLUG “rumor” coverage and news
- Mitch’s tweet stream http://www.curiousmitch.com/CuriousMitch/mitch2.nsf/d6plinks/MCON-87YP9J#Comments
- Express clustering coming to Domino?
- Vulcan not a product but it was demo’d AND it won’t be released until 2012, beta in 2011?
- Is N/D Next not named Notes 9?
- Imminent release of N/D 8.5.2 – IamLUG rumors point to 8/24
- The Turtle’s rambling approval of the conference http://www.weightlessdog.com/shell.nsf/d6plinks/TTUE-882A9F
Google Wave killed
ILUG is a go
Directory Independence in Domino
- Useful or useless? Are plans for it dropped? http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/nflsblog.nsf/dx/Directory-Independence-future?opendocument&comments#08052010112638AMWEBL57.htm
- Marie Scott and Gab Davis have a great solution but, why can’t I have a simple checkbox
- It is is all the “other” Lotus products (the WebSphere ones)
The technote mentioned as “Chinese” right at the end of the podcast by Carl : http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21442262
Chris: The Consultant in your pocket screen cast series, new ones coming soon…..
Carl : If you smash your screen on your iPhone, a screen protector will make if useful again until the screen is replaced
Darren : If you are looking for a job, get on Twitter and follow LotusWatch from Duffbert : since August 1 there have been over 10 jobs listed.