Download links - MP3 | OGG
Hosts: Stuart McIntyre (blog | twitter | company) & Darren Duke (blog | twitter | company)
|Paul Withers (blog | twitter) is Senior Domino Developer at Intec Systems Ltd, a UK Business Partner|
|Paul Hannan (twitter | IBM) Software Engineer working with the XPages development team at IBM|
|Tim Tripcony (twitter | blog) is a Software Developer for GBS, and laughs in the face of the impossible.|
|Jeremy Hodge (twitter | blog | xpagesblog) is a Lotus programmer and occasional admin.|
State of the XPages union
- Where do we think XPages stands today?
- Do customers know about XPages now? Are they asking for XPages apps?
- Do any of you still do non XPages dev?
- Who suggested the idea?
- The tweet!
- How did the team come together?
- The story just gets better!
- Latest OpenNTF development contest closed
- 21 Controls
- 9 Applications
- 34 Contributors, 18 first time
- The joys of “conversions” - Marc Champoux details the trials and tribulations for moving from on-prem Notes to Office 365
- This would be funny if it weren’t real life
Ensure you know what you are doing if you have Domino internet password lockout enabled on a Traveler servers and your users change their Domino HTTP password. Chaos will ensue!
Ensure you have all relevant extension libraries (not just THE extension library) installed when you build a database in Designer. It doesn’t throw anything to the Errors panel, all you see is a warning triangle in Application Properties - Advanced tab, if you look. This is yet another reason to ensure Build Automatically is switched off on any PC you use before you open any database in Domino Designer
Developing XPages Mobile apps are easier than you think. Don’t be afraid to just jump in
Targus Versavu - iPad case with embedded Bluetooth keyboard; turns your iPad into a netbook
Developers who want to really get into developing their own extensions library or just want to expand their understanding of how the underpinnings of XPages work, go to openntf and download the XPages Starter Kit and XPages SDK for Eclipse
Been meaning to blog this for a while...
Make iNotes match your Connections/OneUI apps in just 5 minutes!!
To enable this, you will need 8.5.3FP1 or newer of Domino, and need to:
1) Add iNotes_WA_PortfolioTheme=1 NOTES.INI setting on the Domino server
2) You will likely want to deploy an iNotes Extension Forms File with a Masthead customization to make Connections menus available inside iNotes.
Will be brought forward in 8.5.4 to match Connections 4.0.