December 23 2011
Download links - MP3 | OGG
Hosts: Stuart McIntyre (blog | twitter | company) & Darren Duke (blog | twitter | company)
|Barry Rosen (twitter I LinkedIn) Barry Rosen is an IBM IT Certified Managing Consultant with IBM Software Services for Lotus. During the last five years, he has worked on several global messaging and migration projects as well as performed Domino upgrades, messaging assessments, and client deployments. Currently, Barry has been heavily involved in LotusLive Notes cloud migrations and hybrid deployments, Prior to IBM Software Services for Lotus, he was a Software Engineer in Lotus Support for over five years. While in support, Barry was on several teams specializing in mail routing, Lotus Notes Client, calendaring and scheduling, and server core. Mr Rosen is a SME on clustering, Lotus Notes for the Macintosh, and rooms and resources. Barry is also a published author with several articles and books written on Lotus products. |
|Susan Bulloch (blog | Twitter ) Susan currently works as a Support Engineer on the Lotus Notes Calendar and Scheduling Team. She has worked for IBM Lotus Software for more than 11 years in software support and development positions.She has worked with Lotus Notes and Domino since 1992 as an administrator, instructor, developer, and architect in banking and utility industries. Susan has a Bachelors degree in engineering and a Master’s degree in Information Technology. She holds certifications in all current Lotus Notes product releases. Susan is a frequent speaker at technical conferences, including LotuSphere, the View Admin conferences and at regional user group conferences worldwide. When not working, Susan likes to annoy insects and buzzards.|
|Joyce Davis (blog | twitter | company) is community manager for IBM in the Collaboration Solutions or “Lotus” division. I help bring together clients, business partners and IBMers to share their knowledge and collaborate. I’ve “bled yellow” since 1983 when I used Lotus 1-2-3 version 1A for DOS to manage the WW Technical Education course schedule as an IBM co-op. (I was an infant, of course.) I joined Lotus full-time in 1993. I’ve worked in MANY different roles at IBM over the last 18 years including technical support, people management, project management, communications, program management and now community management. I’m a mom, wife, flutist, Apple fangirl, and social network addict. Although I wasn’t born in Austin, I got here as fast as I could about 35 years ago.|
- Just 24 days to go - what are we looking forward to at Lotusphere 2012?
- Best Practices track
- Always one of the most popular tracks at LS
- Any changes to the track this year?
- 36 sessions (23 of 36 are Notes/Domino)
- 35% are new speakers
- Who are the authors? (Barry Rosen, Tim Speed, Scott O'Keefe)
- How did it come about?
- When will it be shipped?
- What does it cover? Domino and Notes? Traveler?
- How much?
- Nicklas Heidloff’s blog - 2011 - The XPages Year
CLPs get a discount for Lotusphere 2012 - just $1,995 until Jan 15th
Best travel tip, always have earplugs!
Buy noise cancelling headsets! Make your travel arrangements now. You don’t want to be late for Orlando. Seek out Mat Newman - he will pump your energy level higher than you thought possible.
1) access the online community via your mobile device using the Connections mobile app which can be downloaded for iOS, Android and BB. Simply point to the Lotus Greenhouse Connections server: http://greenhouse.lotus.com/mobile,
2) Benedryl and Melatonin can each be used to treat insomnia and/or jet lag. They can be found over the counter. (Will someone please remind me to take it at night? Thanks.)
3) Videofest http://bit.ly/videofest
Go buy a Sonos Play:3, preferably buy lots. You will not regret it!
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays...