Download links - MP3 | OGG
Hosts: Stuart McIntyre (blog | twitter | company) & Darren Duke (blog | twitter | company)
|James Governor (blog | twitter | company) is analyst and co-founder of RedMonk|
|Angela Ashenden (blog | twitter | company) is Principal Analyst at UK-based research and advisory firm MWD Advisors, where she leads the Collaboration practice.|
*** Please note: there is some 'industrial language' in this episode. Please beware if easily offended, or if planning to listen in an open-plan office! ***
- What the heck do you lot do?
- How does one become an analyst?
- What happens when you criticise companies?
- Can we set the scene? Who are the major players? Who’s up and coming, who’s fading away?
- Cloud seems to be the big thing, at least according to Microsoft ;-)
- Isn’t everything cyclical?
- What did you think of IBM’s Social Business rebranding effort at LS11?
- James, you’ve been vocal about the importance of developers to the brand. Can you explain why you think this?
- The social collaboration and mobile market both are very consumer-driven at present - does IBM need to market to consumers?
- How well does LotusLive now stand as a cloud-based alternative to the on-premise Lotus portfolio?
- IBM seems to be deprecating the Lotus brand - is this a good move?
|Darren||If you get a new iShiny device, be sure to have your fingerprints surgically removed. And why should my iShiny make me enter a credit card to download free apps.|
|James||Follow @monkchips !!! if you want to cut your coffee consumption treat it like cigarettes. don’t drink coffee in the office. i am down to 2 coffees a day.|
|Angela||Watch out for a free MWD online event launching 12 April - Email in the Cloud: hype, opportunity and your collaboration strategy|
|Stuart||Skype community chats for Connections, Quickr and LotusLive. Contact me for more info.|