February 14 2011
Download links - MP3 | OGG
Hosts: Stuart McIntyre (blog | twitter | company) & Darren Duke (blog | twitter | company)
Looking back at Lotusphere 2011
- Overall reflections on the conference, how did it rate?
- Branding change (Lotus possibly being deprecated) - lots of posts on the topic:
- Ed Brill - Lotusphere 2011: 100 percent IBM and loving it
- Alan Lepofsky - Lotus Is Finally A Key Part Of IBM
- Vowe - Are we feeling all excited yet?
- Stuart - Lotus is dead. Long live IBM.
- Did attendees/customers/press get this? Is there a sense that IBM is leading the field (and the conversation) now?
- Kathy Brown - Lotusphere 2011 - Anti-Social?
- Did you get a sense for what’s coming in the ‘Next’ versions of the product? Is this Project Vulcan being realised?
- Will Activity Streams become ubiquitous?
- Is the future all web based? Will there be a place for desktop apps still? How about native mobile apps?
- What will LotusLive Symphony bring us? Is it a big threat to Google Apps? Was pricing discussed?
- LotusLive Symphony first look
- Will this be IBM moving into a Fremium model?
- Will it be available on-premise?
- Ed Brill - ‘Well, they sold out at Lotusphere. First time ever, from what I heard. More than any other IBM Press book at an IBM conference. None of this surprises me, because learning XPages is the single most-important activity you can undertake if you want to be on top of the game in building Domino applications.’
- Still a real appetite for Lotus books and hard copy publications - Lotus Redbooks?
- Have you partaken?
- All limitations besides customer size to be removed in 8.5.3
|Darren||VMware ESXi is free! Free, free, free.....and will work on ‘some’ SATA controllers|
|Jon||Excuse me iPhone app - best anti-social app out there|
|Mitch||Stuart and Rob Wunderlich's SHOW202 Connections Installation presentation, and watch for Darren's Kimonos videos.|
|Stuart||Boxcar notifications app for iPad/iPhone - a mobile activity stream (via Luis Benitez)|