This Week in Lotus 005 - If we build it, will they come? (*DOWNLOAD OR STREAM THIS ONE*)
Hosts: Stuart McIntyre and Darren Duke.
Guests: Michael Sampson (Independent Strategist focused on Collaboration approaches and technologies. Author of many books, including "User Adoption Strategies, Collaboration Roadmap, SharePoint Roadmap for Collaboration and Seamless Teamwork, based in New Zealand, father of 9) and Eric Mack (Productivity expert, colleague and advisor to David Allen of GTD fame, Lotus ISV and blogger, based in the mountains of California, homeschooling father of 4 daughters).
This podcast is 68MB and runs for 70 minutes at 128kps. Enjoy!
* Please note that all views expressed are the participants' own and do not necessarily represent those of their employer(s).
It's all about the apps:
- Ongoing discussion from posts of last two weeks - Jon Vaughan et al
- Now Ed Brill has moved the discussion onto a couple of areas that were mentioned in previous threads - Ways to improve developer resources, and free apps)
- Will an AppCatalog or AppStore really be the answer?
- Is OpenNTF the store?
- Who exactly are we targeting (users, admins, developers, executives)?
- How can ISVs make Lotus apps easier to consume and deploy?
- Where does Microsoft stand these days?
- What is the future for Lotus Notes (particularly ref Michael's Lotus Roadmap report)
Eric : Is it actionable or is it reference? Decide sooner and get things done.
Michael : Automate your text entry using Typinator (Mac) or Texter (Windows). Michael's latest book - User Adoption Strategies.
Darren : Webcast - "Understanding the New IBM Lotus Notes and Domino Licensing and Entitlements" July 15 at 1:00 EST
Stuart : EyeTV on the Mac (and iPhone/iPad) - Elgato add Vuvuzela filter for the World Cup